The 3 Reasons You Shouldn’t Try DIY Garage Door Repair
We often take for granted the level of convenience and security provided by a garage door. As long as it opens and closes smoothly and quietly, we typically don’t think twice about it until something goes wrong. If your garage door isn’t working as it should or there is obvious damage or problem, the best thing to do is call for professional garage door repair.
A garage door is extremely large, extremely heavy and can be extremely dangerous if not handled properly. Fixing a broken or malfunctioning garage door isn’t one of those DIY projects that you can easily watch a YouTube video on and know what to do. Garage door repair should always be done by a professional repair company in order to avoid the three major risks from DIY garage door repair.
- It Can Result In Serious Injury: An online tutorial on how to fix a broken garage door may look easy enough as you’re watching but watching and doing are two very different things. Knowing how to properly adjust, replace, or repair the many components of a garage door require experience and thorough training in order to avoid serious injury. Bodily injury is the most important reason you should not attempt to repair your garage door on your own. Minor injuries such as pinching fingers, cuts or scrapes are possible just as much as a more serious injury is. Due to the weight and size of the door, you could put yourself at risk of broken bones, concussions, deep lacerations, and even being crushed by the door.
- It Can Cause Costly Property Damage: Inexperienced garage door repair from a DIY’er could also lead to costly property damage. If you are lucky enough to avoid injury, you might not avoid damage to your house, your vehicles, or any belonging you have stored in your garage. If you were to move something incorrectly or prematurely, you could cause the door to fall of the tracks, leaving you with an even bigger problem than when you started.
- It Could Cause Even More Damage To The Garage Door System: The last reason to avoid DIY garage door repair is that you could inadvertently damage the garage door system more than it already is. Often times, what should’ve been a quick easy fix by a trained and licensed garage door technician, ends up destroying major components of the system as a whole. A professional garage door repair company has the necessary knowledge to identify a problem and the experience needed to resolve it. They are also equipped with the tools and techniques that will get the job done easily and efficiently.
With expert help from K&B Door Company, you can save yourself:
- From a trip to the hospital
- The expense from major property damage
- Time spent researching garage door repair
- Time attempting the repairs you spent time researching
- Money by avoiding damage to the garage system
Call us today at (702) 871-0662 to schedule Las Vegas garage door repair that won’t put at risk of injury, damages, or even greater expenses.
K & B Door Co
3711 W Sirius Ave Las Vegas, NV 89102