How To Repair A Door Opener
The convenience provided by a garage door is only made possible by the proper function of your garage door opener. The door opener is responsible for opening and closing your door and does so through a number of mechanical and electrical components. When any of those components breaks down or malfunctions, the convenience it provides is lost. Garage door openers should last for years and years without needing to be repaired or replaced, but as with any machine, wear and tear can take its toll.
Signs That You Need To Repair A Garage Door Opener
You can easily determine when you need to schedule garage door opener repair by simply paying attention. Some of the most common signs of a malfunctioning door opener include:
- Excessive Noise: As your opener gets older, it will have a hard time pulling the door open as smoothly as it once did. If you notice loud or excessive noises from your garage door such as creaking, clanking, or screeching, you likely need to have your opener inspected and repaired.
- Slow Function: Another telltale sign for door opener repair is sluggish or slow function. If you are noticing that it takes noticeably longer for your door to open or close, there are a number of reasons that could be causing this. It might just require a little tweaking, but it could be a sign that the motor is dying out and needs to be replaced.
- Door Won’t Open: The most obvious sign pointing to a need for repairing your garage door opener is that it simply isn’t working. If the door will not open or close when you push the button in the garage or the button on your door opener remote, there is likely a problem with the opener itself. Start by replacing the batteries in the remote or checking the power source to the opener, but if neither provides a solution, be sure to call for professional door opener repair.
Reasons To Consider Replacing Your Garage Door Opener
In many situations it is far better to replace your garage door opener than to attempt a repair. This is particularly true if you have an older model garage door opener. No machine can last forever and this remains true with garage door openers. If you are trying to decide between repairing or replacing your door opener, here are a few things to consider:
- Greater Safety And Security: As technology has advanced, so have garage door openers. Newer model openers offer updated features that will enhance both safety and security. From safety reversal mechanisms to Wi-Fi capabilities, a new garage door opener can offer a greater sense of convenience and improved security.
- Smoother And Quieter Function: A new garage door opener will inevitably deliver a quieter, smoother, and more efficient functionality. New components combined with newer technology will open your door quickly and effectively without all the extra noise.
If your garage door opener does not work efficiently or effectively, be sure to schedule garage door opener repair from K&B Door Company in Las Vegas. We offer professional repair service along with options for garage door opener replacement. Call us today at (702) 871-0662.
K & B Door Co
3711 W Sirius Ave Las Vegas, NV 89102